What is the Best underwater camera for reef tanks?
There is no doubt that everyone keeping reef tanks love to take pictures of their tanks and livestock.
We all want to show off the saltwater masterpiece we created. Whether its fish, corals, or aquascapes, it’s great to take awesome images and videos of your aquarium that are sure to impress.
For many of us, we like to use basic cameras or cell phones to take these images. Most of the time this is done outside the tank focusing on a specific part of the tank. This is great, but let’s face it, our cell phones just don’t cut it sometimes for taking great aquarium pictures.
The quality is just not clear and precise enough if you want your images and videos to stand out.
But imagine if you can get inside the tank with an underwater camera and take crystal clear, up close and in-depth images and videos of your reef tank? Well, you can! Using an underwater camera that is suitable for reef tanks will allow you to do just that.
With the advancement of technology today, there are options available and the GoPro Hero 7 is my favorite choice.
GoPro Hero 7
The GoPro Hero 7 is an amazing underwater camera for images and videos. There are so many different adventures that are suited perfectly for using a GoPro including hiking, biking, and skydiving. But did you know that you can use the GoPro 7 for underwater adventures as well? Including your home reef aquarium. It is completely waterproof, durable and built to last. The GoPro will ensure you get stunning images and videos of your reef tank.
Features and specs:
- 4K resolution video – Crystal clear video of your fish and corals guaranteed to impress.
- 12MP photos – Continous Photo Capture – Touch Zoom – Photo Timer – Exposure Control
- 720P Livestream mode – Live stream in 720p on social media with the GoPro app. Save footage to your SD card to check out later.
- 32GB memory card – Plenty of storage space for photos and videos.
- 1 Lithium metal battery included
- Hyper smooth image stabilization – Gimbal-like stabilization–without the gimbal. This is a huge bonus when capturing moving objects like fish and corals.
- Capture time-lapsed video – Capture super stabilized time-lapse videos while you move about your aquarium. You can increase the speed up to 30x to create stunning videos.
- 100% Tough and waterproof – Don’t worry about dropping the GoPro in your tank or banging against the rocks. It can handle it!
- Available in black, silver, and white
- Compact and easy to use – For aquarium use, the size makes it perfect for navigating around rock formations and getting into hard to reach areas.
- 8x slow-motion mode – Slow things down by up to 8x to relive all your spectacular footage.
- Touchscreen – Easy to use and navigate settings.
- Dimensions: 1.8 x 2.4 x 1.3 inches
- Weight: Lightweight only 4.2 oz
GoPro Hero 7 is small and lightweight. Perfect for using inside your reef aquarium. Take advantage of the live stream feature and show off your tank live. I recommend using this selfie stick designed to use with GoPro making it easy and convenient to use.
Video footage captured in a saltwater tank with the GoPro Hero 7.
Check today’s price of the GoPro Hero 7 on Amazon here.
Here is what customers had to say about the GoPro Hero 7 on Amazon:
“Well, first of all I have to say that this is my first GoPro I ever had and I really surprised in the good meaning of what it capable to do! On my opinion this is the best action camera ever made!”
“I bought this to take on dives. It’s perfect!!! I was seriously considering spending A LOT more on what I thought would be a better camera with housing. I am so glad I didn’t waste the money. This is PERFECT!!!”
Also reviews from customers from GoPro.com:
“The Best! I have the hero 5 black but I get this hero 7 black and is amazing the quality of the videos and the hypersmoot.”
“The Best Ever! Ultra-smooth – Shaky videos seem to be a thing of the past, plus 33ft waterproof not requiring a dive case is a great great addon, thriving the Indian monsoon weather. And the camera is tough for any hot, wet. moist, cold, dry, humid dusty conditions. The colors are simply vibrant & brilliant.
Ultimately the tough & the best in class.”
So if you are searching for the perfect camera to capture your photos and videos of your reef tank, look to further than the GoPro Hero 7. You won’t be disappointed!
I also recommend using this selfie stick as it will make things easier and more effective as you navigate around your aquarium.
I would love to see your GoPro Hero 7 footage of your tanks. Send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will gladly share your images and videos on this website!